FOLLOW OUR WEBSITE FOR SPECIAL OFFERS!
DEXA EXAMINATION 2 SEGMENTS AT PRICE OF 1 SEGMENT
DEXA EXAMINATION 3 SEGMENTS AT PRICE OF 2 SEGMENTS
Globally, about 50% of women over age 50 and 20% of men in the same age group suffer from osteoporotic fractures (fractures associated with osteoporosis).
The incidence of these fractures exceeds the cumulative incidence of myocardial infracts, strokes and breast neoplasms.
Osteoporosis occurs when bone loss is so severe that it decreases bone density and causes bones to become porous, brittle and liable to breakage.
Bone loss may be part of the natural aging process, but osteoporosis is a dangerous disease. In fact, osteoporosis is often called the “silent disease” because it does not show symptoms until a fracture occurs.
One of them is the DEXA examination (Dual Energy X-ray Absorptiometry-) OSTEODENSITOMETRY
Osteodensitometry represents a high-performance imaging investigation that uses X-rays to determine bone density and strength:
- The investigation is painless, noninvasive and requires no injections;
- The patient can eat normally on the day of examination;
- After administration of a contrast agent (for urography, computed tomography, Barium, magnetic resonance, etc.), it should go at least 3 weeks after the procedure;
- Examination of pregnant women can not be achieved.
Why DEXA examination is useful?
Your doctor will use the information obtained in relation to bone density to decide if you need treatment for osteoporosis.
Whether or not you will prescribe a treatment, may be necessary to repeat the investigation at a later date to assess the possible progression of bone loss.
How does the DEXA examination work?
The examination shall be conducted by a radiologist.
The patient is asked to lie down on the examination table, motionless, but breathing normal throughout the procedure.
The patient can remain clothed during examination but comfortable clothing is recommended, cosy, with no zippers, hooks, metal buttons and buckles.
The examination lasts about 15 minutes.
It is necessary to avoid ingesting calcium tablets with 24 hours before the examination.
The Lunar Prodigy Primo Osteodensitometer provided by General Electric, has a fan beam and a detector type CZT (cadmium zinc telluride) with direct digital detection, with benefits such as:
- High speed scanning;
- Good image quality (fidelity and resolution);
- Precision and accuracy;
- The table dimensions confers the benefit of examinating patients with body weight up to 160 kg;
- The irradiation doses are very low;
- The examination may take place at various levels: hip, lumbar spine, forearm;
For further details, please contact us:
Polyclinic of Romgermed Saint Lukas Hospital, Calea Plevnei 137C, Bucharest, 6th District (060011)
Phone: 021.311.0075 / 0727.999.602 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday/Wednesday – 14:00 – 19:00
Tuesday/Thursday – 14:00 – 19:00